We love Thai food and when I saw this I was intrigued by its simplicity and combination of flavors.
It was so good I just had to capture it just in case the original post disappears.
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1/3 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cups fresh Thai or regular basil leaves
- cooked jasmine rice, for serving
- In a shallow bowl, toss the chicken with the oyster sauce and soy sauce and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Mash the garlic and chile in a mortar and pestle until finely smashed (or mince with a knife).
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, then toss in the garlic/chile combo and cook for about 30 seconds. Increase the heat to high, add the chicken, and cook, stirring until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Toss the basil and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Serve over jasmine rice.
Adapted from Chrissy Teigen’s Cravings