A couple of days ago the storytellingcook nominated us for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
To be honest this came as a complete surprise. We only started our blog a few months ago. In fact the first post we ever did was on March 13. To think someone would actually consider our blog worthy of such an honor at this early date in our growth is truly mind-boggling.
In fact, we really had no idea what this award was all about until we did a little research. From what I was able to determine it appears that the Liebster Blogging Award and the Sunshine award may have been the same thing in the past. At some point they split in two. The purpose of the award seems to be a virtual ‘pat on the back’ for a positive or creative blog that inspires others or brings ‘sunshine’ to their world. The idea being that the recipient does the same for other bloggers they find inspiring, and so on down the line. (There doesn’t appear to really be a ‘true award’. Rather it is recognition from your peers of a job well done.)
If that is the case, then, thank you so much storytellingcook. Our goal has been to do exactly that, to bring joy or sunshine with our blog. There have been many topics that we have considered that have had to be abandoned or rewritten because they took a negative turn during research and development. There is already plenty out there to bring one down. So rather than publish those articles it seemed better to move on. Your recognition is truly appreciated and gives us encouragement to continue.
The rules for this ‘award’ are simple I answer the questions I was asked in a post. I pay the honor forward to other bloggers I find inspiring and generate a list of questions I hope they will answer.
Now on the the questions:
1. If you weren’t blogging, what would you be doing with your free time?
Nothing useful. Probably watching T.V.
2. If you had the chance, would you move? Where to?
Yes, Vancouver B.C. (Been there several times. Love it.)
3. Best lesson in the kitchen?
Don’t be afraid to try. Generally, even a ‘failure’ is tasty. Even if you ‘fail’ you learn from it.
4. Hardest recipe/dish you’ve ever made?
The first time I cooked spaghetti after we were married. Getting the seasoning right was really tough.
5. Best cook you personally know, and what makes them good?
My grandma. She could make anything taste good.
6. When did you get into blogging, and why?
March 13 this year, We wanted to find a way to work from home. We wanted to find something that we already enjoy doing, shopping and cooking for the family and sharing what we try.
7. What is your dream job?
A job that would allow us to work from home as a couple. Maybe this
8. What is a challenge you’ve given yourself lately? Have you achieved it yet?
Actually, to start a blog. We are off to a good start. Time will tell how successful we are.
9. you had to go back and study something totally different from anything you’ve ever studied, what would you choose?
The culinary arts
My blogger nominees are:
Each of these bloggers have been kind enough to provide encouraging feedback and are themselves great examples that we have been privileged to learn from and emulate.
My questions are:
- What is your best money saving tip?
- What is your favorite home cooked meal?
- Best lesson in the kitchen?
- Hardest recipe/dish you’ve ever made?
- Who is your target audience for your blog?
- When did you get into blogging, and why?
- Did you get help setting up your blog?
- Do you have help writing your blog?
- How do you gather insights about blog usage?